Employment Opportunities at the Center
The Center for Violence Prevention Prevention (CVP) employs a diverse mix of research, communications and administrative professionals and researchers-in-training. Employment opportunities are regularly posted for this dynamic “Center of Emphasis” at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute.
Employment opportunities at CVP span the research, outreach, and administrative fields. If you are interested in joining the team at the Center for Violence Prevention, please click on a position below. The link will take you to a full description on the "Careers" page of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) website. There, you also will find detailed information on how to submit your resume and general information about employment at CHOP.
Open Employment Opportunities
Student Research Assistant
The Student Research Assistant will assist with the Lutheran Settlement House and CHOP partnership grant, Promoting Healthy Teen Relationships. The grant aims to promote healthy teen relationships through deployment of a Teen Ambassador and teen dating violence education program with in schools and other community sites. The grant period is October 1, 2021-June 31, 2022. The Student Research Assistant will be paid a total stipend of $7,000 over the 9-month period, with an expectation of approximately 8-12 hours per week of efforts related to the grant, which equates to approximately $20 per hour. These activities include:
- Participate in grant team meetings
- Coordinate and perform administrative duties for grant team meetings and community site meetings (assist with scheduling, organizing team meeting agendas, taking minutes for meetings, following up on tasks, printing and distributing materials, helping with program infographics, helping to prepare presentations, etc.)
- Weekly supervision with a point person (TBD) from the grant team
- Observe grant activities as much as possible, in order to gain an understanding of the LSH STAR Program
- Design evaluation tools related to the grant utilizing REDCap
- Compile grant outcomes and assist with data interpretation utilizing Excel and CANVA
- Assist with the design and completion of community site outcomes reports
Please email Ashlee Murray (email@example.com) to apply.
School Intervention Coach II – Req# 135034
The bullying prevention clinical research team within the Center for Violence Prevention is seeking a School Intervention Coach II. The primary roles of this position is to serve as a program champion in participating schools and provide training and ongoing coaching / consultation to school staff related to an evidenced-based aggression & bullying prevention program. Secondarily, this position will participate in related research activities. The goal of this position is to prepare staff in urban schools to independently conduct and sustain prevention programming. By building capacity in this way, schools will be better equipped and more confident in preventing/reducing aggression and promoting student leadership, which has been shown to improve overall classroom and school climate.
Clinical Research Coordinator I – Req# 136892
The Violence Intervention Program (VIP) at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is seeking a Research Coordinator I to support a study evaluating a brief intervention for youth who have experienced violence-related injuries. Under moderate supervision, this individual will have primary responsibility for performing coordination and administrative responsibilities for the research study, as well as several other research projects led by VIP investigators.